Pine Pollen Strawberry Vegan Cheesecake Recipe
Makes one large cheesecake
For the base
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 10 – 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Pinch salt
For the filling
- 2 1/2 cups cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- two teaspoons of agar agar flakes
For the strawberry sauce
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2-3 tsp pine pollen powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil, softened
- Strawberries, edible flowers and chocolate to decorate
To make your base, blitz together the nuts until they form a slight crumb. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture starts to stick together. Press into the base of a large, springform tin (or four smaller ones), then place in the freezer to firm up.
Make your filling by blending together all the ingredients, except the coconut oil, until smooth and completely creamy. Taste and adjust sweetness or strawberry flavour, if needed. Pour in coconut oil and blend once more until combined. Pour over your base, then place in the freezer to set (around 4 hours, or preferably overnight).
Remove your cake from the freezer around 15-20 minutes before serving (otherwise, it will be hard and icy – and we want creamy!!), then make your sauce. Blend together the ingredients, and then spread over the top of your cake. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Stores in the freezer.