I give you... the most comforting meal to ever exist.
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 medjool date
- 1 teaspoon of mushroom complex powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced white onion
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup of green beans
- 5 garlic cloves, skin on
- 12 ounces of brown rice pasta
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Spread out the tomatoes, white onion, zucchini, carrot, green beans and garlic on two baking trays lined with parchment paper and roast the vegetables for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
- Peel all the roasted garlic cloves (being careful not to burn your fingers) and place 4 of them in the blender along with 1 cup of the roasted tomatoes, the lemon juice, cashews, a medjool date, medicinal mushroom, sea salt, and the optional red pepper flakes. Blend the ingredients until a light, smooth creamy tomato sauce forms.
- Prepare 12 ounces of brown rice pasta according to the directions on the packaging. Drain the pasta and transfer to a mixing bowl. Toss the pasta in the creamy tomato sauce.
- Add the remaining roasted tomatoes, onion, carrot, zucchini, green beans, and garlic cloves. Mix gently to combine. Bake the dish in the oven for twenty minutes until the top is golden. Serve the pasta over a bed of arugula if desired, and add an optional extra sprinkle of sea salt, dulse, and/or black pepper to taste.